Marrying Off the Little Sis...


Through the magic of pre-posting, I’m in Washington, DC, today for my sister’s wedding. This event has been quite the undertaking for us! The girlies first flight and their first stint as flower girls... Needless to say, they are VERY excited.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Kim and me, and looking at the date, I see it’s 18 years old! Wow! So, yes, I’ll date myself here. I was 25; Kim was 15. We were at the 1990 Blockbuster Bowl, FSU vs. Penn State if I remember correctly. And I’m pretty sure we (FSU) won. Well, I say “we”. Actually my sister rebelled and went to UF, but thankfully has never given a hoot about football so our dad did not have to change his allegiances! It's funny to think about what I was doing when I was 25. Let's see...still on-again, off-again with my college boyfriend, working as the Public Relations Manager for Amelia Island Plantation, living in one of Jacksonville's historic districts in an 1920's apartment building right on a park fronting the river. That was a great apartment! Fun memories...

I’ll share a couple pictures from the wedding when we return next week!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Hope you're having a great time. Can't wait to see pics.

cath c said...

cute pic!