Happy Shack's New Pendant Designs

I’m working on a new affordably priced pendant line that I hope will be perfect for the Riverside Arts Market. I’ll still have my trademark bling there, but I wanted to develop something with a lower price point, particularly with our struggling economy. Glass tile pendants like these certainly aren’t unique; you can find hundreds of them on Etsy. So what will make mine unique? Well, my photographs and collages, of course! I’ve been using fun scrapbook paper to play around and get a feel for the glass and adhesives involved, so that’s what you see here. This is from the stash of paper I used to wallpaper my girls’ dollhouse! I think I have the hang of it so I’ll start playing around with my photos next, and then we’ll move to the collage styles. I thought sticking to glass rather than scrabble tiles or dominos would be more in line with my primary jewelry pieces. Whatcha think?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it! I can see you doing some neat stuff with "found paper"--would be curious what you might come up with if you used an old map or some junk mail, etc.

cath c said...

definitely fun, there's a whole art of reverse glass painting that this brings to mind. i can see you having loads of fun collaging this!

Karen Faulkner said...

thumbs up!

Regina said...

I think you are on to a good idea. It's a challenge to maintain a certain quality and image level, but to bring in items at a lower price point. You are right, this style will look good with your bling because of all the sparkly elements you use.

Greg & Maria Voss said...

Love it! I love how cheery the pendants are. I also think it's good that you are pricing them lower so that people can purchase them easier with the given economy. Plus with all those colors, they are sure to bring people some happiness! :-)

Shani said...

I love them! Fun patterns and colors. Will you sell them online, as well?