Riverside Arts Market Kicks off to Great Success!

I’m one tired puppy but the Riverside Arts Market kickoff was a great success! Organizers had guessed that first day crowds would be about 10,000, but the police estimate was more than 40,000! Whoo hoo! Sales were brisk, though I must say there was a ton of jewelry there. I need to work on getting my photography there as well. That’s part of the beauty of RAM; they’ll allow you to jury into more than one category in one booth. Perfect for short attention span people like me!

I met several online friends who I hadn’t met in person before including two NFCR teammates and fellow blogger Martha Lever. Martha said she recognized me from my silly profile picture. :-) The girls were also a big hit. This picture was taken by Florida Times Union photographer Will Dickey and was one of five included in the spread in today’s paper. The girls are pleased to know they are now famous. If you are in the Jacksonville area and didn’t make it out yesterday, no worries! The Market runs every Saturday through the Saturday before Christmas. Check my events calendar on my website for my dates. For now, I’m there every Saturday in April, three Saturdays in May and three Saturdays in June. Hope to see you there!

And just quick note about Springtime Tallahassee…realized I hadn’t told ya’ll about that yet. Lots of rain and wind, but I still did well and enjoyed catching up with friends in Tallahassee who stopped by. The committee closed the show about 2:30pm when four booths on the end of my block took flight in one big gust of wind. Ah, memories of my first Springtime Tallahassee! I must have been in a very protected spot, because I stayed fairly dry and stable. Still my favorite show of the year!

2 comments:

lori vliegen said...

so glad that Riverside Arts was successful! i'm going to have to go one of these saturdays! :)

Cat (darklingwoods) said...

That is awesome (I saw your girls in the paper today!)

I missed week one as we were out of town, I hope to be there this Saturday!