CC Weekly Creativity Challenge: Summer Vacation

Appropriate challenge for me this week, don't you think? Here's a quick little poem I wrote for Creative Construction's weekly creativity challenge; I snapped the photo below on our first day there. Those are Sarah's feet, not mine! :-)


Sand dollar hunts and golf cart rides
Lighthouse climbs and chasing tides
Living in the moment to savor the feeling
Of oyster shucking and boiled shrimp peeling
Forgetting the hassles, the chores and the bills
To cherish a vacation and the cheap little thrills
Only found in the summer with sand between your toes...
And ice cream on your nose...and salt air in your clothes...
Who knows...the joys you’ll find when you just let go and soar.

4 comments:

OMB said...

Makes me long for summer vacation!!!!!

Unknown said...

"Only found in the summer with sand between your toes...
And ice cream on your nose...and salt air in your clothes..."

Aaaah, that takes me back to my family summer vacations in Cape Cod! I hope my girls have wonderful summer memories! I'll have to take them out for ice cream :)

julie king said...

this is such a wonderful poem!!!! enjoy your time at the beach!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Nancy