The Greatest Achievements...

You know, having two and a half weeks off can be very deceiving. I’m down to the final countdown (I have to go back to work on Monday) and I realized I’ve really done very little other than run the girls around town in our two and a half weeks off. I had grand plans…paint the bathroom (I did at least get the paint and supplies), photograph all my jewelry I haven’t photographed yet (we’re talking several dozen pieces here, yet to get to that), make my apron for my Artful Journey apron swap (picked up a generic apron at Hobby Lobby yesterday and now have to figure out how the heck to embellish it…open to suggestions!), start on my ATCs for our Artful Journey swaps (oh, now I remember what I’ve been saving those cut up cereal boxes for!), weed the flower beds in the front yard (yeah right, like that was really gonna happen)…and the list goes on. Problem is, when we haven’t been in the car driving around town, I’ve gotten distracted by other things. I made some Christmas tags, and some Christmas Eve art, and Monday night, I made this fun little collage. It’s on a piece of scrap wood we used to build my shelves which now hold all my stamps. I’ve discovered that I like working on wood a lot better than on canvas. And it’s much cheaper! The back has a cute story behind it. Sarah had written “I Love You” on the back of the piece of wood before I did anything with it. I really struggled with covering it up when I was finishing the back of the piece! So I told Sarah about it, and she said she’d just write it again for me. Adds a nice finishing touch, don’t you think?


7 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Great collage!!

Here is a Youtube of packing tape transfer. It's so easy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfos9hy9xdg&feature=related

cath c said...

time with your girls having fun is what break is all about, right? and being creative! which, obviously you are.

my break: low key, sick toddler, boys at their dad's and now i wrote a poem i've been mulling for weeks. posting it tomorrow. amazing what a little quiet will do. and i finally figured out a way to name my kids on my blog instead of just using their first initial.

all in all, i'd say that it was creatively productive for me to have a week without the boys.

Regina said...

Happy New Year Kelly! Thanks for all the inspiration & encouragement this past year. Love the tags you made. xo

Audrey said...

I love the top one!! Amazing!
I wish for you an awesome and productive 2010!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ELLIE said...

forget the to do list - I learned a bit too late that every second with your kids is all that matters - everything else can wait --love your collage - hope your holidays were wonderful~~!

Wyanne Thompson said...

It adds a great touch! I love it! I hope you and your family are doing great. I miss you and Logan misses the girls!

Love,
Wyanne

Becca said...

I love this collage Kelly, you did a beautiful job! I haven't tried wood yet. I'd love to see the shelves that hold your stamps. I've been looking for something better for mine too! :)