Boca Grande Bound!

This is one of my all-time favorite pictures of my girls. I captured this shot in Boca Grande the summer before last (notice the every present Bunny in Sarah’s right hand), and I have a large version of it framed and hanging in our house. And Boca Grande is where we are headed today! Yay! We so look forward to this trip. I started going down there with my dad and his second wife when I was 13 and have missed very few summers since. DH and I got married there Memorial Day weekend in 1995. While our family dynamic has changed and we can’t go Memorial Day week anymore since the girls started school, the island itself has not changed much at all. It’s still just as quaint and peaceful and beautiful as it was more than 30 years ago. That’s rare these days. Have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

ana said...

adorable photo! have a safe & wonderful trip :D

Emma said...

Just lovely! I've been catching up with you as I've JUST finished my 50t card :)Your 'no time for play' post took me back, even tho i was a stay at home Mum, the least I could do was the chores before my D got home - I even cooked! Of course he wasn't the one who told the kids off, either! Oh, well, it gets resolved eventually, with a lot og self forgiving thought!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful picture Kelly! I wish you a marvelous time! Looks like a fabulous place... :)

Kerri said...

what a lovely picture. walking down that beautiful path together and holding hands. very sweet!

chrissy said...

oh...i hope you are enjoying your vacation...i bet that photo framed is AMAZING. i love those two little red heads....what is mr. bunny.s name? that is just too precious.
loves to you.
c

tami said...

I love the photo - I have several thru the years of my two daughters walking up a path ahead of me - bittersweet and beautiful! Have a wonderful time at Boca Grande - And good luck with your decision making.

Wyanne Thompson said...

So jealous....have a fabulous time.