Sketchbook Project Fun Journal: Day 9

Day 9

Slowing working through sharing my Fun Journal pages with you. This is Day 9. This was the day of our campus holiday party, and I was asked to sing and lead some carols. I decided that if I was going to have to sing, I was going to make it fun, so I recruited a Santa-looking friend on campus and we put together a little skit, me singing the classic “Santa Baby” and he playing a sarcastic Santa. For each verse of the song I sang to him, he held up a random sign, like “Not a chance,” “She’s been a very bad girl,” “Wallet’s empty,” etc. We had a great time!  I can be a ham if I'm not on stage alone!  I thought it would make a fun journal page. Here’s the original recording by Eartha Kitt. I was surprised to find that on You Tube!

The background paper and tree are cut from some Christmas scrapbook paper I had left over from the Christmas tags I made last year. Helps to be a pack rat! From there I just did a little stamping, added a few lyrics, smudged around some oil pastels, and there you have it. It’s probably the thickest spread in my book because all the papers used are card stock weight.  Now that I've let go of the idea of turning my book in, I'm enjoying playing in it more and more.  What are you working on these days?

1 comment:

Martha Lever said...

I bet that skit was funny! You are a great singer by the way! I enjoyed listening to you songs a while back when you posted a link to them. You could go to Nashville and be famous!