Mix It Up Monday: For the Love of a Girl


I received an email from a former student of mine with a request for a custom bracelet (yes, I keep in touch with quite a few of my former students!).  This was a Valentines Day present AND a birthday present since his wife's birthday falls on Valentines Day. Talk about pressure!  He told me he wanted one of my bling bracelets with just white pearls and clear glass, along with two charms: a heart and a little boy.  I played around with it a bit and was not happy with the all white combo (you know how I love color), so I pulled some sandy mother of pearl nuggets out of my stash and things started comely together quite nicely.  I was so happy with the way the finished piece came together, I created a second one without the special charms and listed it in my shop. Thankfully, my customer was also thrilled with the results. Thanks Kevin! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty Pretty, Kelly! It's always sweet when someone wants a special handcrafted gift for a loved one. There's so much more meaning behind it, and it's more than just jewelry. It truly is a love token!

Karen Faulkner said...

Very pretty!

Becky Shander said...

So gorgeous...the cream and caramel colors are so soothing.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Wow, I like it alot! I have to force myself to work with neutrals as well. It usually ends up being worth it!

Kerri said...

oh!! that's great-
and it's wonderful u keep in touch w/ your ex-students.