An Artful Journey Bound...


Tomorrow morning at 7am, I'll be on a plane taking off for An Artful Journey in Los Gatos, California. This trip last year was truly a life-changing experience.  May sound a bit cliche, but it was.  You can read my posts about last year's trip here.  This year I'm taking Albie Smith's class.  She was next door to DJ's class last year so I got to take quite a few peeks at what they were doing over there.  Color, color, color!  And you know how I love color!  We'll be painting papers and then creating handmade books with them.  My friend Leah is coming again this year as well, taking Nina Bagley's class this time. Leah will be picking me up at the airport in San Francisco, so we'll have some time to catch up in the car on the way down, and then we hope to get in some hiking in the Santa Cruz mountains before things get cranked up Thursday evening.  The forecast calls for rain, but I'll be bringing my LLBean rain boots and hot pink slicker! 

A new thing Cindy O'Leary, our fabulous host, is adding to the Journey this year is a silent auction to benefit the Sisters of the Presentation, the nuns who live on and manage the property.  I created this bracelet specifically for the auction.  The Artful Journey website uses muted colors like these, so I wanted to create something that mirrored what we've all been reading.  I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend and I'll see you on Tuesday! 

4 comments:

lori vliegen said...

have a super time, kelly.....i'll sure be thinking of you! i know you'll bring back lots of creative energy.....and i can't wait to see your albie smith goodies!! the bracelet you made is gorgeous, and i know it'll bring a good donation for the auction! travel safe! xox

Mail Art Dramas said...

safe trip, can't wait to hear about all the fun.
jill

Becky Shander said...

Have a happy wonderful trip. And your bracelet is very beautiful - I love the quiet and calming colors.

Leah Virsik said...

I had a wonderful time with you Kelly! It really made it more fun to connect with you. Love seeing all of your bright colorful books. I know Sarah and Olivia are going to love them! Hope you feel better and have a safe flight home.