Prepping for Springtime Tallahassee


The girls and I have been on Spring Break this week. It’s been a rainy one, so there’s been no beach trips, but we have made it to the zoo once between storms. I have a stack of papers to grade, but that urge just hasn’t hit me yet! This Saturday is my first major spring show, the Springtime Tallahassee Arts Jubilee, so in typical Kelly fashion, I’ve been doing my last minute creativity cram session. Since the weather’s been lousy, I’ve gotten tons of new jewelry created, but unfortunately, the weather hasn’t allowed me to mount any photos. I have to stain my boxes outside to escape the fumes! Hopefully tomorrow I might get one good day in before I have to pack up on Friday.

Since this show is in Tallahassee, the home of the Florida State Seminoles, I always create a few garnet and gold themed bracelets like this one (and yes, for the Gator fans, I even create some orange and blue themed bracelets, as much as it pains me :-). I really got on a bracelet run and realized today as I took stock of all I had done, I have 26 bling bracelets ready for this show! Yikes! I don’t think I’ve ever had 26 bling bracelets completed at once! They are my very favorite thing to make. They just make me happy with all their sparkly blinginess. How about you? What type of jewelry makes you happy?

No comments: