Best Shot Monday and Furry Face of the Week: Meet Zoey!

Zoey_A805351

Meet Zoey! I primarily concentrate on photographing dogs at the shelter as there are far more dogs there that need homes than cats, but if I have the energy left when I run out of the morning shade I need to photograph the dogs, I come inside and spend a little time with the kitties like I did this past Friday.

I'm still getting the hang of this.  I can't say dogs are easy to photograph, but they are easier to photograph than cats.  Cats don't look at you and smile when you squeeze a squeaky toy or hold up a treat!  I'm also still trying to find the best settings on my camera to capture these cats in the best light.  I don't use a flash, so I'm shooting wide open on a slower shutter speed.  Due to that, I get a lot of just slightly blurry photos I can't use.  But every now and then, I catch a little magic like Zoey here. She's hanging out with her sister Dobie. Remember to adopt, not shop.  Visit your local shelter for some amazing pets!  In Jacksonville?  Hop over to Animal Care and Protective Services at 2020 Forest Street.

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments: