Best Shot Monday and 1000 Posts!

Bunny
Bunny traveling in Sarah's hoodie through the 100 Acre Wood
I hit a milestone with my January 1st post and didn't even realize it. Fitting that January 1, 2014, marked my 1,000th post. Wow. I started blogging in 2007, and my blog has definitely taken different paths over the last seven years, but when I look back over the posts, one thing remains constant: color.  Whether it's in my jewelry, in my photography or in my art journals, my love for color definitely shines through.  At least that's one place where I'm consistent!  If you've been following along with me from my early days, thank you so much for sticking with me.  If you are a newer reader, welcome.  I'm so happy to have you here. 

I'm truly gobsmacked that I've written 1,000 posts (gobsmacked is our new favorite word around here). I love going back and looking through old posts to see what I was doing when.  Some posts are pretty random and I thought of deleting them but then thought better of it.  It's all been my path.  Though most of my posts are on the positive side, I've also written some chronicling my struggles, things I would normally keep to myself but just needed to release (you'll find those in the Living Life's Lessons category).  Sometimes those are actually the posts that have flowed out the most quickly.

Looking back over my posts, I noticed Bunny makes quite a few appearances.  Yep, Sarah is still carrying around this raggedy old bunny.  She's a little gentler with her now as she realizes she's getting awfully threadbare. She's also been sleeping with both Bunny and Sister Bunny in an effort to get Sister Bunny to feel more like Bunny so she'll be more comfortable making a special place for Bunny on her shelf somewhere.  Before too long, I think we'll be finding a special plexiglass case to keep her in. Sarah's already stated that she wants Bunny to have a front row seat at her wedding some day, so we must keep her in one piece!

Thank you for traveling along on this journey with me. I've enjoying sharing my life, my art, my family and lots of furry faces with you.  I hope you'll continue to travel with me for the next 1,000 posts.   

   

No comments: