The Documented Life Project (2014): Filling in Weeks 24-29

Happy Friday!  I'm still playing catch up over here, so here are my Weeks 24-29 from the 2014 Documented Life Project.

Week 24-1

Week 24's challenge was to use book text. I am an avid magazine reader (it's a sickness, really...). So as I'm flipping through, I always tear out images that speak to me. This was part of a perfume spread. I just loved the colors. I remember this week clearly. I completely lost my voice! I woke up the morning of the 10th sounding kind of scratchy, and by the end of the day I was silenced. For nearly a week! The upside of that was I got to sit out our adult high school/GED graduation ceremony. My husband certainly loved the fact that I couldn't talk for nearly a week.

Week 25

Week 25's challenge was to cover your tip-in with hearts. I already had this bright scrapbook paper as my tip-in and there just so happened to be a sticker page full of hearts laying in my workshop floor. Bliss! This was our week in Boca Grande, which I blogged here.

Week 26

Week 26's challenge was to add a Bible verse or quote that inspires you. My verse is actually on the back of one of Roben-Marie's lovely postcards.

Week 27

Week 27's challenge was to add a cross word, suduko or word search. The background for this spread is more under papers. Love using my scraps. As I'm posting this, I just noticed that I didn't journal at all! The least I could have remembered was July 4! For the past couple of years, we've been going up to Fernandina Beach for the fireworks. It's a great evening of strolling Center Street, grabbing some ice cream and heading to the river for the show.

Week 28

Week 28's challenge was to add an Instagram or other tiny photo. This little Instragram photo was of the shells that were on the front porch table when Dana and I arrived at our little cottage for the Serendipity Retreat in October 2013. Good Lord, I can't believe that was all the way back in 2013. I hope I get to go back this year!

Week 29

Week 29's challenge was to make a wish and draw or cut up magazines to illustrate. This was another magazine page tear. When I saw this dress, I just fell in love with it. Of course, it's just a couple thousand out of my price range and I'd have absolutely no place to wear it. Thus, keeping the image was the closest thing to granting my wish. Admittedly, I got a little lazy on this spread (not to mentioned tried to use up some rub-ons I've had forever), as this was the last of my catch up pages, and after completing 13 pages in about two and a half days, I was T-I-R-E-D!

So that catches up my back-fill weeks! I hope to post the rest of the finished book this weekend. There still's plenty of time to join in on The Documented Life Project 2015!  It's free and full of inspiration.  I'll start sharing those pages as soon as I finish sharing 2014. :-)

No comments: