A Week in the Life: Sunday Gratitude

This week took me back down to Howey-in-the-Hills and the Mission Inn for the Council for Athletic Affairs meeting. This group is composed of the athletic directors from all the state colleges, and let me tell ya, they are a hoot. Great bunch of people, and I know I'll enjoy working with them. They get a lot of work done in a two day meeting, but they definitely don't take themselves too seriously!

What I was most grateful for this week was the opportunity to hang out with the people in these pictures. Lisa, one of my fellow shelter volunteers, hosted a Memorial Day Weekend mixer for shelter volunteers at her house. We had a great time with lots of food and drink, and even managed to make quite a few dog beds for the shelter dogs in the process. Thanks to Lisa for hosting us, and thanks to Kristen for suggesting it, and thanks to all these folks for enriching my life! There were others there that I didn't get chance to snap!  I have been truly blessed by my involvement with Animal Care and Protective Services
Mixer-3
Vicki, Ron, Mike, Kathy and Ashley
Mixer-4
Building Dog Beds

Mixer-1
Nik, Jamie and Cathie

Mixer-6
Angie, Mary Ellen and me

Mixer-2
Deb and Lisa, our host

Mixer-7
The kids got in on the action too!

Mixer-8
And speaking of action!

Mixer-5
Lynn, Manda Jo, Kristen and Hank

Mixer-10
Mike "The Dogfather" and me

Mixer-9
The dog beds we made

Mixer-11
A little note on the dog bed we made

No comments: