2015 Documented Life Project: Week 16

Documented Life Project - Week 16

Week 16's challenge (April 18) was to use a gelli plate; the journal prompt was "a lot on my plate." Ha! Since it's been weeks since I created this page, I looked back at my calendar to see what I did that week, and I had 23 appointments and/or tasks on my calendar that week. I'd say I had the "a lot on my plate" part covered! Funny that my journaling on the page said I got a chance to slow down and catch up on things in the office. Apparently it was 23 things.

As for the gelli plate, my first introduction was in Albie's class at An Artful Journey in 2014 (and now looking back at that post, I realize I STILL never got around to photographing and sharing the completed books I made in Albie's class...).  I had a lot of fun playing with the gelli plate in her class, but I admit I haven't taken it out much prior to this challenge. I did my background with the gelli plate by putting down some paint and then drawing through it with a scraper tool (is that really how you spell scraper?). From there I added some stenciling, stamping and pen work. I'm really happy with this page!

Documented Life Project - Week 16-1

See more of my 2015 Documented Life Project posts here, and check out the whole project and everything else the Art to the 5th gals have to offer here.

No comments: